I feel like I may have started a blog post like this before, but if you know me you'll know how much I LOVE chocolate. Since eating a more strict vegan diet and cutting out dairy products all together, I was on the search for a vegan chocolate that I could snack on if I got a craving. Luckily I found the "Enjoy Life" brand and have never looked back. I've been able to find them at smaller natural food stores, as well as big name stores like Whole Foods and the natural food section in Loblaws.
I mainly eat a healthy plant-based diet and avoid added sugars in all my meals, however, I do believe that totally restricting myself is not healthy either. Now and then I like to treat myself to a sweet treat to help curb my cravings - So I'm sorry to say, but this recipe is NOT a healthy "alternative" to chocolate chip cookies ;) This recipe is for the BEST vegan chocolate chip cookies I've ever had!
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp REAL maple syrup
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
vegan chocolate chips (I usually use "Enjoy Life" Dark Chocolate Chips )
1. Whisk the brown sugar, coconut oil, non-dairy milk, and vanilla together in a large bowl
2. Sift in your flour & baking soda into the liquid ingredients
3. Fold with a spatula to mix all your ingredients
4. Once combined, add as many chocolate chips as you'd like and fold them in
5. Let the dough sit in your fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to chill. (If you're in a hurry, you can put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes)
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees celcius
7. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and drop tbsp sized balls onto the sheet. Squish them down slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
** Note that the cookies in the picture have mini chocolate chips - my usual dark chocolate chips were sold out!