These waffles are a fluffier, yummier, and spiced up version of the original recipe I posted last year. I'm super happy with this recipe and made it quite often for various brunches this summer! Speaking of which, I can't believe it's already September, or as Instagram likes to call it, Pumpkin Spice Latte season. So to stick with the in between season we're currently in, I added some homemade pumpkin spice to my batter and topped it with the some of the last peaches of the season; however, feel free to top it with whatever you like best!
If you make these waffles make sure to tag me on Instagram @michelle__liane :)
Vegan Waffles with Pumpkin Spice
- Makes 3 large waffles
- 2 cups oat flour (if you can't find oat flour, you can grind up your own from quick oats in a coffee grinder)
- 2 cups almond milk (or dairy free alternative **see note)
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Add your vinegar to your dairy free milk and whisk together. Set aside while you prep your dry ingredients so the milk can curdle and thicken up for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the baking soda, and pinch of salt to your oat flour and mix. Add your pumpkin spice and whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Once your milk is set, combine the wet ingredients with your dry ingredients and mix together. Add your vanilla and mix.
- Heat up your waffle iron to medium heat, and pour recommended amount of batter for your waffle iron.
- Wait until the batter is no longer sticking to your waffle iron, and the outside starts to brown slightly. Depending on your iron, you may need to flip the waffle to get an even crisp on the outside. Keep waffles warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve with fruit, nut butters, hemp seeds, chia seeds and the good ol' Canadian classic, maple syrup!
*** I usually use unsweetened almond milk in my recipe, but noticed that if you use oat milk the batter tends to stick to the waffle iron and splits the waffle in half, so just be aware before trying a different milk ***