...And guess what? It's ALL Vegan!
This recipe is definitely more of a comfort meal since there's lots of vegan mayo goodness, vegan cheese and yummy sourdough bread! Remember, this is a sandwich.. so it's completely customizable for your favourite toppings - my personal fave is lettuce, tomato, (vegan) cheese, and mustard! The recipe itself is even customizable, as I have a MAJOR sensitivity to onions so I make my batch without and it still tastes great! Let me know if you make this recipe by sharing a picture and tagging me on Instagram!
Vegan Tuna Sandwich
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, fresh or dry
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo (I used Earth Island and they can be found at Loblaws, or Whole Foods)
- 1 tsp capers (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse your chickpeas in your food processor or blender until roughly chopped (about 5 - 6 pulses). Make sure not to over blend, you still want a few chunks.
- Once done, transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop your celery, onions, and fresh dill (if that's what you're using) and add it into the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Add in the vegan mayo, capers, salt and pepper and mix all of the ingredients until combined.
- Add your vegan tuna to any sandwich combo of your choice and enjoy! I recommend using some sourdough bread and toasting it before making your sandwich!