20 Facts About Me
I've been wanting to share more about myself and my values on the journal recently, and I thought it would be fun to share 20 facts about me!
1. I love to tell stories and share new and exciting ideas with others.
2. I started dating my boyfriend after graduating high school and we have been friends since grade 9! We've been together for 6 years :)
3. My boyfriend and I lived in Muskoka for a year.
4. I am a huge animal lover, and would love to own a hobby farm one day ;)
5. I eat a plant-based diet and LOVE to cook. I also love to share my recipes on her and on instagram!
6. I own a rescue dog named Jax who came all the way from Kentucky. We found him through the rescue agency Our Angels Dog Rescue - go check them out!
7. I have a rare auto immune disease called Morphea (Scleroderma) and am very passionate about spreading awareness for this disease, and for sharing the experiences and stories of others.
8. I have recently started painting and drawing again and am so happy. It's a great way to zone out of the stresses in life.
9. I love my morning coffee time, and usually spend it reflecting on things I am grateful for in my life. I start the morning on a more positive note and it helps to create an intention for the rest of my day.
10. I have a YouTube channel and my goal is to create more videos for it this year, stay tuned for those!
11. my guilty pleasure is definitely chocolate.. but not the crunchy, filled kind... just plain ol' smooth vegan chocolate!
12. My boyfriend's family own a cottage on Six Mile Lake in Muskoka, and it's our favourite place to be... ever!
13. I love to be outdoors and enjoy going for hikes, especially in the fall, but going for canoe rides in the warmer months takes the cake. There's nothing like a sunrise, or sunset canoe!
14. I believe in honesty and always telling the truth. I open up to people very easily, but I can close up just as fast!
15. I think that removing negative energy from your life is very important for your health and well being. If it's coming from someone you work with, a friend, or even a family member, you may need to create some distance from them for your own sake.
16. I am a firm believer in taking the scenic route! ;)
17. I put the spice turmeric on almost all of the food I make because of it's many health benefits. Turmeric has a natural ant-inflammatory compound (which is great for my autoimmune disease), it increases the bodies antioxidant capacity and helps to fight and prevent cancers, and so many more positive properties! I highly recommend adding it to your daily spices!
18. I strongly believe that you should always print your photographs! In todays digital age, don't let them die in a computer graveyard!
19. I have a collection of various healing stones that I have strong draw to. My favourite stone is my smooth amethyst that I carry around with me to help ease my anxieties. *hippie shit*
20. I have a bachelors degree in photography from Sheridan College. FUN FACT - my Dad took the same course 30 years ago!